The L.O.V.E. Story

In 2005 our Grandson Nevin was born, but sadly in 2006, Nevin got sick.

Nevin was diagnosed with Leukemia AML, the worst kind of blood disorder a person can have. Sadly, as time went on, he got sicker. He was in Mott Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI on the 7th floor, the children’s oncology ward. Nevin had blonde hair, blue eyes and a smile of love that would melt anyone’s heart. Nevin was special, he seemed to touch everybody’s heart. After 6 months of extensive treatment, the doctors came and told us there was nothing left they could do. That they had tried everything possible, but there was nothing they could do from stopping this horrible disease from taking his life.

We took Nevin home and lived as much as we could with him from then on. The hospital provided meds for us to keep him comfortable and keep his pain to a minimum. We gathered our blankets, sleeping bags and pillows to form a big bed on the front room floor; instead of him sleeping in his crib. Nevin was 1 ½ and failing fast. We were all there for him, mom and dad, aunts and uncles, his grandparents from both sides. We all slept with him and stayed by his side until it was his time to go.

Two nights before Nevin was called home I had a dream. I was asking God why this was happening and if I could switch souls with him. When I looked up I saw HUGE letters across the hemisphere that spelled “L-O-V-E”. The letters were wrapped in rainbow. Suddenly, I woke up and as I began to get up I heard “Let Ourselves Visualize Eternity” in my right ear. I stood up all the way and looked around the room, everybody was STILL ASLEEP! Then I thought about the dream I just had. I walked over to the kitchen table and wrote down what I had dreamt and the phrase that came to me. It was then that I realized that’s what this was all about.

Nevin passed in January of 2007 and left a very remarkable impression on everybody. As time went on I kept that dream close. We made love cards and gave them out to people we knew. We became the “Leukemia Sucks” team for the relay for life and used our love card for the survivors that came around the track. We put a rock with L.O.V.E. spelled on it and our love card in a bag with a band aid. I gave them out to people that needed them also.

As time went on I would occasionally think back to that dream.

In 2009 I had another dream that we were pressing up L.O.V.E. shirts and people were coming from all over to get them. I was standing at a table pressing up L.O.V.E. shirts. People were lined up down the table as far as the eye could see. On the other side of me, a group growing larger and larger all wearing their L.O.V.E. shirts.

This blew me away, I woke up from a dead sleep. I sat right up in bed and said we’re buying a T-shirt press! My wife woke up and said its 3:30 in the morning and you’re all sweaty, I said I’m freezing and were getting a T-shirt press. We’re going to press up our L.O.V.E. shirt! Shortly after we went back to sleep, but that next morning, I couldn’t shake that dream.

I looked up where to buy a T-shirt press and ordered one of the best ones I could buy that would do the job right. Three days later, a truck showed up with our press. J We started makin’ L.O.V.E. shirts and selling them at the relay for life. We sold a bunch and donated the money to the Relay’s 2010, 11,12,13,14 and this year!

This past August (2015) when I was coming home from Paw Paw, MI, I suddenly had an epiphany! It was as if I had been struck by a real bright light. I knew where this was coming because there was no shadow. I was given a plan to get a trademark on the L.O.V.E. shirts, go see the computer guy to set up a web site and call my printers guys and tell them to get ready. I said, “We’re going to sell the shirts online and donate the money to families in need!”